TK Property Group take your privacy seriously. This policy outlines important information on who we are, what we do and how and why and if we collect, store, use and share your personal information.
We are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which applies across the European Union including in the United Kingdom. TK Property Group are responsible as a ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws and in connection to our day to day business. The below outlines full details;
TK Property Group Ltd provides property investment services to individuals and organisations both in the UK and internationally. For us to carry out these services to our clients and our day-to-day operations, we may need to collect, share and store data about our clients.
- How TK Property Group obtain information to directly or indirectly identify individuals and organisations (“Personal Data”)
- What types of personal data we collect
- The reasons we would need to process personal data
- The rights individuals and organisations have about our use of personal data
- Who we may share personal data with
- What our legal reasons are for processing personal data
How do we get your information?
We receive the vast majority of personal information that we process directly from individuals and organisations. We receive it from them for one of the following reasons:
- They have enquired about one of our services, this includes enquiries regarding the purchase of a buy-to-let property
- They contact us over email, telephone or social media
- They have requested to subscribe to our email newsletter
- They have applied for a job vacancy
- They are or represent an organisation that we utilise the products or services of or they want us to utilise their products or services
- We may also receive information indirectly when enquiries are received through one or more of our marketing providers, (Rightmove, Zoopla, etc.), or through one of our developers
- They have purchased a buy-to-let property from us via our third party agents
- Their friend, associate or relative has referred them
- One of our employees gave their contact details as an emergency contact or referee
What information is collected?
We may collect, use, store or transfer different kinds of data about individuals and organisations:
- Identity Data including first name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data including address, email addresses and telephone number.
- Financial Data (only if employed) includes bank account details.
- Purchase Data including details of purchases made through us.
- Technical Data including IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the TK Property Group website.
- Usage Data includes information about how our website, products and services are used..
- Marketing preferences indicating interest in receiving marketing information and communication preferences.
Why do we information?
The way we process information will differ depending on the reason it was provided to us. These may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in identifying suitable buy-to-let properties
- Processing reservation of a property investment
- Protecting agents and preventing fraud
- Providing and communicating our services
- Operating and improving our website and other online services
- Assessing and processing applications for job vacancies
- Complying with legal obligations
The following rights are available to identifiable information in accordance with GDPR requirements. Please note that we will only comply to the extent required to by law and, if it is legally required to keep details the way they are, we will be unable to comply with requests.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact [email protected]
Right of access
Individuals have the right of access to personally identifiable information that we hold. This includes:
- Why we have their details
- What we do with their data
- Who has access to it
- Where we may transfer data
- What types of data we have
- How long we intend to keep data and why
- Whether we use data for profiling and automated decision making
- What security measures we have taken
Right to rectification
If an individual or organization thinks that information we hold on them is inaccurate or incomplete, they have the right to request that we rectify it.
Right to erasure
If an individual no longer consent to us holding information, they may request that we delete all details from our systems. However, we may have legal obligations which mean we are unable to delete some or all of the details.
Right to restriction of processing
They have the right to request that we stop using their data in a particular way, for instance for marketing purposes.
They have the right to ask us for a copy of data that has been provided to us, in order to transfer it to another organisation.
Who do we share details with?
We share details with selected service providers who help us to provide our services to buy-to-let property investors.
These companies are as follows:
- Google Analytics
- Reflex Creative
Lawful basis for processing
We process information under one or more of the following bases:
When information is requested from us in any format or method, or to purchase a buy-to-let property through us, an individual or organization is giving their clear and unambiguous consent to us processing their personal details.
We will process and use personal details to fulfil our contractual obligations so we can provide individuals and organisations with the requested products and services.
We will process and use personal details to carry out our day to day business and improve our products and services, to keep investors updated via marketing communications, risk assessment, fraud prevention, suppressions and opt out of communications, web analytics, cloud storage and backup etc.
Compliance with laws
We will process and use personal details to comply with legal obligations under applicable laws.
If you would like to raise a complaint over the way that TK Property Group processes your information, do so in the first instance to the Data Protection Officer, Ricky Murphy at [email protected]
If you are unsatisfied with the way your complaint is handled, you can contact your Country Data Protection Authority if applicable. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Changes to this policy
We may revisit this policy and update it if required from time to time.
Controller’s contact details
TK Property Group Ltd is the controller for personal information we process, unless otherwise stated.
Our address is: TK Property Group Ltd, 118 Atlas House, Caxton Close, Wigan, WN3 6XU, United Kingdom.
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Ricky Murphy. You can contact him using the postal address provided.